Sunday, May 31, 2015

Engaging (Alluring #2) by Sarah Curtis @sarahcurtisathr

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25619420-engaging



I absolutely fell in love with Jack in Alluring. I was so excited for Gage's story. Having read
Alluring I was so hopeful that I would get another amazing hero. I did. Gage was awesome. But he
did mess up badly 4 yrs ago. Simply put Gage had to not only win Cassie's heart again ..he had to win mine
For a while I was worried, I won't lie. But the beauty of this book was that Sarah wrote it with
all my fears and all my questions and doubts right there for Gage to have to over come. This heroine
didn't roll over and just forgive Gage for leaving her. NO ..she made him work for it. He worked so
hard and he did everything RIGHT. I could't fault Gage ..not one time. So I had to set aside my
feelings over him leaving Sarah, and also that he did have hook ups during the 4 year separation. I had to listen to his words and I had to see that he really did love her and really did work hard to
make up for all that happened. 


Gage would spend a few more hours with Cassie after Logan fell asleep.
He never tried to have sex with her, never spent the night,  but he would hold her hand, cradle her against his chest and give her light kisses, sometimes on her lips, her cheek, her neck and even on her hand.

 
 
Cassie wasn't fully innocent in the problems they had. She really should have contacted Gage and let him know what she was going through. I didn't agree with how she handled it at all.
But here Sarah works her magic again. She let Cassie feel guilt, she let Cassie really apologize and Gage could have really been mad but he honestly loved her and these two were the perfect example of 
WORKING IT OUT. 
 
 
I can't call Gage a perfect hero but I can say that this was really a great example of a love that wouldn't be denied and also two people who had hearts big enough to
forgive and to LOVE totally and completely.
I'll eagerly await Mace's story and believe in this author ..that she'll always give us stories that may not be perfect love stories with perfect characters but what she will do is give us healing and grace.. because honestly that's what real love is all about. 
 
http://amzn.to/1eKGbIO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...