Friday, September 13, 2013

Perilous Promises by Christi Williams

Perilous Promises


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Spoilers






While I loved the main plot of this story so much. A cancer survivor learning to accept the love and protection of her overbearing ex husband and him also learning to sometimes let her take care of herself. I was so frustrated with the heroines backtracking that I almost quit reading. He very very very early on in this book told her plain was day "I want to try again..I want us back" She 3 pages later says..what if he's married and doesn't want me anymore? ..Then hed tell her again how he wants to make things work and start over and she'd again say to herself that maybe she is not hearing him correctly or something. She would get mad if he wanted stay and then get mad once he left. She was a walking contradiction. When these two came together it was beautiful raw and real which really saved the story for me. There were other parts that bored me to tears..not at all the authors fault..I just found no interest in the in depth history of the birds/coal stuff. I found that parts of it were very interesting but then it would drag on with too much information that my brain shut down. I am glad I finished and saw them to their HEA and don't regret reading this at all. I appreciate the opportunity to review this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...