Friday, January 2, 2015

Ash to Steele by Karen-Anne Stewart @SKarenAnne




This was a book that called to me for months and months. Its cover glowing and haunting me from my Kindle. Sitting there ..saying you bought me..why wont you read me?
Well it’s because I had this feeling it was going to take my heart on this journey of ..hate, lust, love and beauty. I knew it would destroy me but at the same time I also felt it would heal me by the end. I just had to be ready. I needed to be strong as I just has this feeling. From the blurb ..to the epilogue..this book took me and gripped me in it’s clutches.

 From the moment Breck Steele was introduced I am not sure that I can even stomach his character.


Breck


I've had so many women I can't even remember over half of their names, but none of them are mine; I make damn sure of that. I take what I desire and never look back. I don't need or want anyone, ever...not until I met Emma. Those eyes bore into what's left of my soul and her touch sears me, weakens me. I want to hate her for that. She is my ruin...my sweetest hell

 So even though this is totally not my kind of hero..I had to know..I had to see was he redeemable?

Emma

Who I am and all I believe is marred with just one glance into angry, steel blue eyes. He seems to control my air, my ability to breathe. He makes me crave everything I know is a sin. Pure becomes tainted and lines are blurred. It's my fault; I'm the one who isn't strong enough. I've been damaged...broken. Breck's words haunt me...'There's a consequence for every choice you make.' 


 The moment he lays eyes on sweet and innocent Emma..it’s like the world as he knows it is over. 
It takes some time ..for walls to be torn down and his heart to finally wake up and start beating.

Just in time for me to fall in love with him as he’s falling in love with Emma..

She’s done more than changed me, she has truly consumed my soul 

The power in his kiss demands my submission so I surrender,
 opening fully to him, returning his passion with a flame of my own.
So much pain, so much anger and so many serets. This is one journey you have to ride till the end to feel the moments of redemption  amongst the pages of beauty to passion and even sorrow and back again. 


Breck Steele may not qualify as one of my perfect alpha’s but he’s perfectly broken, truly real  and totally wonderful anyway.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Nichole,

    Thank you for reading and reviewing Ash to Steele. I was blown away by your review, and I'm thrilled you enjoyed Breck and Emma's story :). I'm currently writing Gavin's story now. Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...