Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mine (Real, #2) by Katy Evans



 5 million Sizzling Hearts & Stars !!!!!!


Everybody that knows me knows that REAL was my all time favorite steamy romance of 2013. I told everyone about this blue eyed licking lion. I made my one and only book trailer for this.

 




I had never even written a real review until REAL (Pun intended) 
I was in a book funk for so long and didn't ever in a million years think that Mine could live up to what REAL did to my heart.
PEOPLE I WAS SO WRONG. Mine blew me away! I loved it more than REAL and that is a big deal to me.
Remy and Brooke just did something to my heart. I think it all began with reading about Remy's childhood and that he was "discarded" and pushed away. My heart broke for this beautiful human being.
Brooke steps in and immediately starts showing Remy this amazing love that he so deserved. 

"I want him more than any one of these screaming women wants
him. I want every fragmented part of him. I want his body. His mind.
His heart. His beautiful soul."

Brooke loved Remy with everything in her and I felt so happy for him to finally have somebody that would fight and stand by his side no matter what. I was so mad at Brooke in REAL at the end when she left him in that hospital bed and I knew that her actions would come back to haunt her. When she encountered what those actions may have done to their relationship while apart, my heart broke with her.

"I’m
not perfect. I’ve never been taught to do this. I never dreamed of
love, a partner "
 You'll have to read Mine to understand exactly the roller coaster this took me on. I felt so strongly the utter despair that Brooke felt and how I knew in heart ..that something wasn't right.  I won't give anything away but just know that Remy is the most loyal true and honest character I have ever encountered. He never ever lets you down.

When Remy shows his love ..he not only shows it, he completely immerses Brooke in his love.
Their passion burns the pages and you can't help but be swept away.  Remy is so possessive and loving and just perfect. I want to reach in my Kindle and pull him out. His scenting, licking and petting is just over the top amazing.

 I can only imagine what thoughts will be portrayed in his POV coming up in Remy.
He loves from the bottom of his beautifully damaged soul and Brooke was what he wanted , who he loved and he made sure she knew it. 





 So many things happened in Mine that just made me fall in love with this couple more and more.
Brooke grew to someone I felt respect for by the end and I felt her love helped heal Remy in more ways then one. She helped give him more than just a woman's love, she was his biggest supporter and his best friend. But most of all she gave him a family. Something he never really felt apart of.
Brooke saw not what was broken in Remy, she saw what was whole..his beautiful heart ...his amazing strength and his steadfast loyalty. She knew he deserved every ounce of her adoration , every single second of her devotion and she was determined to let him know how much he was loved.

"God, I love him, and I never want him to forget it!"
Katy has a way with words, she has a way with reaching and grabbing you by the freaking heart. I loved every moment. Her song choices again were spot on. But the one song that really spoke to me, that really portrayed the love between Brooke and Remy is  below.

Kelly Clarkson Darkside
everybody's got a dark side
do you love me?
can you love mine?
nobody's a picture perfect
but we're worth it
you know that we're worth it
will you love me?
even with my dark side?
don't run away
don't run away
just tell me that you will stay
promise me you will stay
don't run away
don't run away
just promise me you will stay
promise me you will stay

will you love me?

Brooke loved him, she promised she'd stay and even though she ran once...she made up for it a billion times making sure her knew he was her REAL always. 

I am so excited to start Remy this week and Katy is still in my top favorite people ever. I am so eager to also find out what she has in store for us in Ripped and Raw coming up in the next year. Katy, I'm in utter awe and just one more time, Thank you for your brilliance, imagination and creative soul! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...