Sunday, June 8, 2014

Beloved by Corinne Michaels




3.5 Stars for story and 10 hearts for heat. 


 Beloved by Corinne Michaels
While I loved the concept of this story. I found that the angst overwhelmed me. For every thing that Jackson did to show Catherine she was worth it, she kept wallowing in her past and it just frustrated me. Jackson did so much to show her how fun love could be and how passionate a real connection could be. But she had been hurt so bad by her father and her fiance that Jackson really didn't stand a chance. When she finally realizes how much he means to her ..that is when the whole thing takes another turn. Some things actually made me second guess my thoughts about Jackson and well if what I think happened in the past then well Catherine again isn't gonna be first choice she'll just be who is there now. I was hoping for a love story where she actually was someone's beloved. Not a roller coaster with a plunge into a river of nothing at the end. 
I am not sure if I'll read the next installment because I am on angst overload. The writing was stellar and the love scenes were beyond hot.Which is why I am able to give it 3.5 stars but I just found my frustration at the character Catherine's inner dialogue drove me batty. For those that love angst to the nth degree..they'll love this one.


View all my reviews
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMDDDMM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KMDDDMM&linkCode=as2&tag=sizzlingpages-20&linkId=OD3C47XCUWSBGPEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...