Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Counter To My Intelligence (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC, #7) by Lani Lynn Vale @lanilynnvale



Lani Lynn Vale has really tackled some hard subjects in this installment of the Dixie Warden's.
So when I started reading I had the first bump to overcome. The heroine Sawyer was younger but that's not a big deal to me. NO, the problem came from her being his ex girlfriends daughter. 

But this author hasn't ever let me down and I was happy to know that this "ex girlfriend" wasn't much more than a good friend. No hanky panky in the family tree folks!!

 
I have always had a very low opinion of Silas in a lot of ways. For one I abhor cheaters. I really don't care about reasons or excuses. Cheating is always a choice. So going into this book was very very hard for me. I wanted to believe that this man who had so many men that followed him and respected him was deep down inside a good man. I wanted to believe that he could be redeemed. For me I do believe that people can change and also that who you were 20 years ago is no where near the same person you are today. Silas was no longer that man. He lived through his own mistakes and he earned every moment of regret he shouldered. But truthfully Silas did regret and he did feel bad and he owned up to it. 


OK so Sawyer comes into Silas life like a freight train full of broken pieces. She was hurting and she was scarred in so many ways. She hit it all in this tough exterior that came from protecting herself and her friend after being in prison for so long. I hated the injustice that was brought against Sawyer and Ruthie. I adored Silas for how he was determined to make it right for Sawyer.
He felt for Sawyer something that he never even came close to before. 

His heart was finally owned completely and I loved every dirty talking bossy moment of this dance they shared. 

I honestly fell for Silas completely.

 This was a true Lani book because there was passion, humor and so much suspense that I didn't want it to end. I am so happy that Lani Lynn Vale is the energizer bunny of authors because I am so addicted to her sexy stories. 
I can't wait for Sterling's book. 
Ruthie does indeed need this Hero ...to right her wrong...
Awesome job Lani.


http://amzn.to/1SB7zJh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...