Sunday, July 20, 2014

Restoring Hope by C. P. Smith- @CPSmith63


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22022618-restoring-hope



I have to start this review by saying that I am born and raised a Louisiana girl. Not only that but my family is cajun french. So anytime I find a book that has references and depictions of my beloved home state, I get a little sentimental. But usually I find that some aren't accurate.



 But C. P. Smith did her homework. she brought my french heritage and some Louisiana Pride right to my kindle and made me feel so at home. I could almost hear my grandmother 
"Ma" to me..
saying 
"Lil Nichole" (pronounced Neecole.)
"Go to that kitchen Cha and get you some cornbread my babee" ) 
Or she'd call me Nichole Cherrie and tell me to give her some sugar. 
 
(which my middle name was supposed to be Chere' ..but my mom and medication during labor doesn't mix)


 
Moving on....
Needless to say I felt like I had stepped back in time and found I was in literary heaven when I fell into this story and didn't want to leave. We cajuns love hard and family is everything..and second to that is our food and football. I just spent hours feeling like I was with family.

This author created a canvas of characters that made me feel like I was watching a movie..in the realm of Fried Green Tomatoes. I felt I had gotten to know these amazing people and wanted a Rose and Big Daddy of my own, then it made me think about those in my life that filled those roles. Brought to heart some really special moments in my memories. 

And I haven't even gotten to the love story yet. 
I am a sucker for the girl running from her past and hero that catchers her storyline. Mix that with Rose doing her best to make some cajun magic love match and you have yourself a fantastic love story.
 
Nic was the type of man that felt emotions to the depth of his being. He protected what is his and when he felt he made mistakes he took this down to his soul. This where he is when Hope storms into his life. He's battling guilt no parent should have to suffer through. Hope is broken and running and with the help of amazing friends pushing them together these two have no choice but to give into that chemistry staring them in the face and punching them in the heart. 
 
The suspense was riveting and the passion was scorching. Nic was bossy and loyal..so amazing he took my breath away. 
 
“I’m not gonna ask, I’m gonna tell her she’s moving.” 
 
“Oodoggies, dat’ what I like, a man who takes charge.” 
 
 
 
 
“And when I take you it will be slow and exhausting.
 
 
 
 
 
Adored this couple hard and
I was hooked from page one and I didn't stop till I was finished.
 
 I need to say thank you to this author for not only gracing us with the opportunity to review her amazing work but for bringing me back a part of my past that I miss terribly. I may read tons of books..but when a book makes me feel like I just spent time with family..that is a "love story" indeed. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...