Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Alluring Turmoil (Bayou Stix #1) by Skye Turner

4 Sizzling Hearts Good

ARC given by author for honest review...

I really enjoyed this story from Skye Turner. First of all you have to know that I live in Central Louisiana born and raised. This book has a special place in my heart because it's like Skye filmed a movie in my home state and projected it right in my mind. Loved it. I did get so frustrated at times with why Jude and Lexi wouldn't discuss why they separated 8 yrs prior but it all came to a head in great dramatic book fashion. Lots of hot scenes, crazy funny characters. Just enough information on the other band members left me wanting to definitely read the next book.


Synopsis:
Alexia Sloane is the twenty-six year old owner of the highly successful Louisiana coffee shop/bakery, Java and Sweeties. The past couple of years have been all she’s dreamed of and her business takes all of her focus, all of her heart. Jude Delecroix is the lead singer of one of the most famous rock bands in the country, Bayou Stix, and the man who broke Lexi’s heart.
Lexi and Jude have a past.
When Jude comes back to town eight years after leaving to fulfill his lifelong dream of being a famous musician and comes face to face with Lexi, forces collide, old hurts are brought to the surface, and life as these two have been living it will never be the same.



We reach for each other at the same time. Grabbing his neck, I pull his head down, knocking his cap and sunglasses to the floor, as he grabs my waist and lifts me up. Our lips find each other and it‟s as if a bomb goes off. His tongue sweeps past my lips, and our tongues war with each other as our teeth clash. There is no gentleness here. It‟s as if we want to consume each other

“I was always alone; alive but not living. Until the day broke clear and my heart was Red. Red… Red… My heart was Red.” The crowd goes insane and he looks over at me and smiles. I‟m done for… Jude just sang my song to me in front of 30,000 people in our hometown. I‟m so gone.
add-to-goodreads-button31


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...